Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring break means big temptations!

Well if theres anything ive learned its that I have yet to fully understand how people resist temptations. Tho I fully did not go back to my old self, i also didn't stay true to my new self. Eating bread and crackers were my big down fall. I had also gotten away from pop but found myself sitting there drinking my diet mt dew!! It is very very hard to stay strong when everyone around you is CONSTANTLY eating. One thing Ive realzed is just how much food has become an important part of our family and everday lives. Everything we do is revolved around food. If we want to spend family time, well that means someone cooks a big meal. If we want to sit down and play games, well someone has to go get the case of cokes and the chips and dip. Isn't it crazy how EVERYTHING revolves around food!!
My prayers is that God will release me from this same mindset and that I will be able to start a new trend for my family and future family!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Girl! Nice to see you back in the blogging world. Not that I think everyone must blog! ....just you! So that I can stay in touch with you! :-) Love you girl!
    And yes, I have noticed that this often happens. Almost all of our activities with family and friends some how revolve around food! This is true in many other cultures around the world too! But in the culture I am currently living in the food they all snack on when they get together is fruit (a lot of oranges mostly because they are cheap here), sunflower seeds, and peanuts. I've noticed many people are more comfortable chatting if they have something to busy their hands and mouth doing. So rather than change the "revolving around food" habbit, maybe you can just change the types of food that your family revolves around! :-) Just a suggestion.....what do you think? ~Jamey

    ReplyDelete